Wednesday, January 13, 2010

au revoir - for the heart of paris never ceases to beat

My utmost thankfulness to the dear old man who, for me, is not just another master but one who had brought so much into my life. He who is never aged, he who is never dated. He whose youthfulness never burns out and whose creativity never goes down, he whose works are always full of surprises in the midst of simplicity. He who has much influence on me in my appreciation for people, for love and the love for love, for time and the past of time, for naturalness, for spontaneity, for longing, for flirtation (in its most elegant form) (and for beaches, for vacations), for a light-heartedness (which I sometimes fail to maintain) in writing, and in living. What a cheerful and fruitful life he has gone through and just as me and Mary had talked over, he wouldn't want us to feel mournful. I have but to feel deeply, deeply thankful.

"Voir un film d'Eric Rohmer, c'est aller contre cet emballement: c'est prendre le temps de ne pas savoir ce qu'on veut, puis de vouloir ce qu'on ne sait pas, bref c'est prendre le temps d'aimer."
—Laurent Roth

「看盧馬的電影,若飲醇醪,不覺自醉,那裡面有時間不留痕跡的芬芳。」
黃愛玲


P.S. I intend to post my friend's email in response to my comments on Last Friends tonight, but it has to give way by all means.



No comments: